The New Zealand Dam Safety Guidelines – 2015 have a new look and feel as well as up- to-date content indexed to global dam safety practices. Guiding Principles for dam safety are stated in an overarching objectives & principles document and then seven modules support this central document, each with different technical content.
The seven modules cover:
- MODULE 1 – LEGAL REQUIREMENTS
- MODULE 2 – CONSEQUENCE ASSESSMENT AND DAM POTENTIAL IMPACT
- MODULE 3 – INVESTIGATION, DESIGN AND ANALYSIS
- MODULE 4 – CONSTRUCTION AND COMMISSIONING
- MODULE 5 – DAM SAFETY MANAGEMENT
- MODULE 6 – EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS
- MODULE 7 – LIFECYCLE MANAGEMENT
Users can focus on the particular Module relevant to them at the time but should always be cognisant of details presented in the Objectives and Principles document.
These guidelines are only available in electronic form and the current version will always be the one on the website.