As part of the ongoing development of our website, NZSOLD are looking for photographs that illustrate New Zealand dams and dam engineering. So we are running a photographic competition to collect photographs that showcase our dams here in New Zealand or work that our engineers are doing overseas. The photographs can be of any type of engineered dam (not natural or landslide dams but including appurtenant structures and canals) and we are looking for a wide range of photographs to demonstrate the benefits of dams and reservoirs.
Submit your photographs without delay to be in with a chance of winning. All photographs will also be published on the NZSOLD website.
1st prize of $300; 2nd Prize of $200 or 3rd Prize of $100 and a complimentary copy of the book “Walls for Water”. All photographs will also be published on the NZSOLD website.
Please submit your photographs by email to Ian Davison (Ian.email@example.com)
Photographs should be high resolution, JPEG format (minimum 3000 pixels or 3MB recommended)
Closing date for entries is 8th July 2018 and the winners will be announced at the NZSOLD Failure Modes Symposium in Auckland on 8th August 2018.
- Photographs must be original work.
- Photographs should be high resolution, JPEG format (minimum 3000 pixels or 3MB recommended).
- The NZSOLD Photography Competition is open to:
- Individual members of NZSOLD
- Employees of NZSOLD corporate members
- Members of NZSOLD Young Professionals Group
- Students studying an engineering or dams related course in New Zealand.
- Entrants must be the sole owner of copyright in all photographs entered and must have obtained permission of any person featured or dam owner / operator, as necessary. Where appropriate, Client Permission to publish the photograph should be included with the submission.
- Entrants must not have breached any laws when taking their photographs.
- Entrants can submit up to two photos electronically in colour or black and white and no entrant can win more than one prize.
- Each entry should be marked with the photographer’s name, postal address, email address, telephone number and affiliation to NZSOLD or relevant university course.
- Entrants should include the name of the dam, its location, and the date the photograph was taken.
- Entrants will retain copyright in the photographs that they submit to NZSOLD. By entering the competition, all entrants grant the NZSOLD the right to publish and exhibit their photographs on the NZSOLD website and in print in any media that NZSOLD develop. No fees payable for any of the above uses.
- The NZSOLD reserves the right to cancel this competition or alter any of the rules at any stage if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
- All entries will be judged by a panel of NZSOLD Committee members. Winning entries will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.