Engineering NZ’s IT Engineering Group and NZSOLD are excited to be working together to bring you the following webinar
Topic: Cybersecurity and dam safety
Date: Tuesday, 18 May 2021, 12.00-1.30pm
Audience: Open to members and non-members
The webinar will start with a presentation by Peter Jackson of SGS, who will introduce the basics, such as:
- What is industrial cybersecurity?
- What types of cybersecurity threat could affect dam safety?
- What is the industry practice for managing these risks?
Following this, Carla Liedtke from Control Risks will provide an overview of how to assess strategic cyber threats to dams, by taking a global view of threat actors and the targeting of critical infrastructure. Some of you may remember Carla as the keynote speaker at ANCOLD’s 2018 conference.
Peter and Carla will then be joined by Jonathan du Preez of Meridian and Marty Rickard of Nozomi Networks (formerly of Trustpower) for an expert panel discussion that will explore:
- Examples of cybersecurity threats to dam safety (real world and hypothetical).
- Future trends that might affect the resilience of NZ dams to cybersecurity threats.
- Open the floor to your questions!
We look forward to welcoming you to the webinar.