NZSOLD Poster Competition 2021
The New Zealand Society on Large Dams (NZSOLD) would like to encourage the sharing of technical knowledge, experience, and research in fields related to our understanding of dams in New Zealand.
The 2021 NZSOLD poster competition is open to all New Zealand-based students and Young Professionals (under 40) who wish to share their work concerning the engineering, operation, management, safety, environment, biology or geology of dams (or water-retaining embankments).
All entries will be featured on the NZSOLD website, and displayed at the NZSOLD symposium in late-2021. Winners will be acknowledged in the NZSOLD newsletter, and awards will be presented at the 2021 Symposium. Award winners will be invited to attend the Symposium to receive their award and will receive complimentary registration as part of their prize.
Entries close September 10th, 2021
- Young Professional Category, 1st place (Dan Hale, Riley Consultants)
- Young Professional Category, 2nd place (Hanna Aung, Dam Safety Intelligence Limited)
- Student Category, 1st place (Thomas Wallace, University of Canterbury)
- Student Category, 2nd place (Petra O’Bery and Katie Vincent, University of Canterbury)
- Adele Amos, University of Canterbury
- Dominic Fletcher, Tonkin and Taylor
- Mohammad Okhovat, Damwatch Engineering
- Philip Winter, Trustpower
The 2018/19 NZSOLD poster competition encouraged New Zealand-based students and Young Professionals to share their work concerning the engineering, operation, management, safety, environment, biology or geology of dams (or water-retaining embankments).
View the winning posters using the links below.